Wednesday, September 14, 2005

Pomegranate Guild

Instead of our usual Wednesday night workshop, I attended the Greater Boston Chapter of the Pomegranate Guild of Judaic Needlework. What a lovely group. It was fun to watch their Show and Tell. I couldn't see a lot, as I was setting up (or breaking down) my display table and they were all in a circle sharing their work. But I did see some spectacular knitting. Maxine knits up sweaters from scratch that look like art pieces. Another woman was whipping out a baby sweater from some of the preprinted sock yarns. A new member showed her needlepoint piece with several characters that were so detailed it was exquisite. The more I am around women who share their needlework, the more I love it.

The guild members seemed to enjoy the yarns and project ideas I showed them. THere was a lot more interest in Babette's Hooded scarf than I had anticipated. Perhaps that's another Circle's Knit Along!

We had a good time in the shop today trying to put together a portable shop of kits. I think we may have come up with a new display. Usually our customers are kit resistant, but I think that they might like kits that the staff at Circles has hand-picked. I think we'll try it and see how it goes.

That's it for tonight.

Knit along now,

Allison

No comments: